10 Social Sites for SEO – You Need for Ranking
â¦ if you want any kind of respect from Google
Social Media Network memberships are NOW close to being a requirement for your SEO campaign to promote your business. With the Google Panda Update, one of the many factors that Google is looking for is social approval. Every business now needs to have SMO â social media optimization.
1) Letâs start with Facebook â Need I say any moreâ¦? OK, for those who donât know, Facebook is a social media networking site intended to connect friends, family, and business associates. And if you have a business, you should also have a Facebook Fan Page.
2) Twitter â Twitter is an information network, a social networking, and a microblogging service that allows you answer the question, âWhat are you doing?â by sending short text messages 140 characters in length, called âTweetsâ, to your friends or followers. With a WordPress website, your posts, new AND old can be set to post to your twitter pages.
3) LinkedIn â LinkedIn is the worldâs largest professional network with over 120 million members and growing rapidly. LinkedIn connects you to your trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals.
4) Google + â Launched on June 28, 2011, Google Plus is a social networking and identity service, operated by Google Inc. Google Plus is vastly becoming one of the most popular and best social networking websites on the Internet. And if you have a business, you should also have a Google+ Page for your business.
Beyond this, it’s not quite as necessary, but if you have time, why not!
5) Foursquare â for marketers, Foursquare offers a unique and compelling opportunity to use geo-location based services to promote their brands in real-time. This is especially beneficial for brick and mortar stores.
6) StumbleUpon â StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that finds the best of the web, recommended just for youâ¦ it is an Internet community that will allow the user to stumble upon and rate Web pagesâ¦ this include photos and videos.
7) YouTube â currently ranked 3rd on the Alexa Traffic Ranking, YouTube is a video sharing website where users can upload, view, and share video clips.
8) Flickr â best recognition from Google for images. You can also create slideshows for your website, including certain sets while excluding ones you donât want to show.
9) Delicious â formerly âdel.icio.usâ, is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks.
10) Yahoo Answers – a new way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights, with over 90 million users worldwide.